- Pre-marriage counselling and Post-marriage counselling helps to evaluate, explore and clarify feelings so that person able to communicate better verbally and emotionally and to choose course of action that will lead to resolution of relationship/ marriage.
- Individual Counselling and Couple Counselling can better understand yourself, your relationships, values and belief i.e. optimal personal growth and development of yourself and construct healthy relationship.
- Relationship Counselling and Marriage Counselling helps to solve problems realistically and make ethical decisions and helps to heal from emotional/physical/sexual/mental abuse.
- Individual Counselling and Personal Counselling helps to rebuild your life after a significant change or loss.
- Individual counselling and family Counselling resolves causes of depression, anxiety, anger, confusion and insecurity and enhances self-esteem.
- Pre-marriage and Post-marriage Counselling helps to solve Adjustment Problems, Personality Issues, Parental Interference, Unmet Expectations, Frequent Conflicts, Family Concerns, Understanding, In-law Concerns, Communication, Domestic Violence, Extra-Marital Problems.
What is Counselling?
- In counselling, one person is seeking a kind of support from the other.
- Help seeker is called a client and the help offerer person is the counsellor.
- Main medium of work is talking and listening through which counselor help the client to get some relief from the problems.
- It is concerned essentially to the needs of a common man.
- It is the process of giving professional help to persons suffering from fully conscious conflicts which are accompanied by so called normal anxiety.
- If the function is performed in non-medical settings, it is called counseling.
Who can benefit from Counselling?
- Counselling is basically for everyone who are undergoing one or another kind of distress day in day out. In fact, people from all walks of life, belonging to different socio-economic strata of society and from variant educational backgrounds can approach us when unable to figure out a solution themselves. In other words, everyone (even counsellors themselves!) needs counseling at one point of time or another.
- Problem areas of Counselling:
- PERSONAL:- Lack of Confidence, Lack of Motivation and Concentration, Anger Management, Stress Management, loneliness, Depression, Anxiety, Inferiority Complex, Overcoming (Fear, Shyness, Overeating, Excessive Smoking, Alcoholism, Drug Abuse, Bad Habits), Traumatic Past Experiences, Personality Development.
- RELATIONSHIP:- Love, Friendship, Pre-marital, Marital (Frequent Conflicts, Unmet Expectations, In-law Concerns, Family Concerns Personality Issues, Adjustment Problems, Domestic Violence, Communication, Extra-Marital Problems, Trust, Understanding), Break-up of Romantic Relationships.
- PARENTING:- Parent-child Relationship, Behavioral Problems (Child Misbehavior, Temper Outbursts, Conduct Disorder Problems, Disobeying Parents) Quality Time, School (Academic Performance, Bullying, Relationship with Friends & Teachers, Stealing, Attention Seeking Behavior), Handling Teenagers.
- WORK:- Relationship with Boss and Colleagues, Career Growth and Performance Concerns, Work-life Balance, Stress at Work Place, Harassment at Work Place, Time Management, Fear of Speaking in Meetings.
- PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS:- Mood Disorders, Bipolar Affective Disorder (BPAD), Anxiety Disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Schizophrenia, Somatoform Disorders.
- MISCELLANEOUS:- Psychosomatic Problems, Migraine, Hypo Tension, Hyper Tension, Tension Headaches, Heart Diseases, Diabetics, Insomnia, Peptic Ulcer, Pains in different parts of the body.
Add Your Review